Toasted Pound Cake with Strawberries & Chocolate Cream
Awesome! This Pound Cake with Strawberries & Chocolate Cream is a must and it will impress your guests, plus it is so easy to make. The key to success is to assemble in the final stage in front of your guests, otherwise the warmed strawberries will melt the cream.
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1 quart strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 slices pound cake
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Beat the heavy cream and 1/4 cup chocolate syrup in a bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use. Hull and chop all but 6 strawberries and toss them with the sugar in a separate bowl; set aside.
Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on medium-high power in 30-second intervals, stirring, until smooth, about 2 minutes. Dip the 6 whole berries in the chocolate, then transfer to a sheet of parchment paper and let cool.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the pound cake slices and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side; transfer to a plate. Wipe out the skillet and melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add the chopped strawberries and 1 tablespoon water and cook until juicy, about 2 minutes.
Drizzle some chocolate syrup on each plate; top each with a piece of pound cake. Top with some of the chopped strawberries and their juices, a dollop of the chocolate whipped cream and a chocolate-covered strawberry.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Bacon Nachos 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Orange Creamsicle Jello 3.9/5 (76 Votes)
- Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Salad 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
- Moist Yellow Cake 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pound... 4.4/5 (33 Votes)