Ditalini With Pesto, Beans, And Broccoli Rabe
- 8 ounces ditalini - (abt 2 cups) (or other short tube-shaped pasta)
- 1 pound broccoli rabe cut 2" pieces
- 1 can vegetable broth - (14 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 can cannellini - (15 oz) rinsed, drained (white kidney beans)
- 1 container purchased pesto - (7 oz)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water 3 minutes. Add broccoli rabe and boil until broccoli rabe is just crisp-tender and pasta is just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes longer. Drain pasta and broccoli rabe, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta and broccoli rabe to pot.
Meanwhile, bring vegetable broth and crushed red pepper to simmer in medium saucepan. Add beans and simmer until beans are heated through, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Add bean mixture, pesto, and vinegar to pasta and broccoli rabe. Stir well, adding pasta cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in shallow bowls.
This recipe yields 4 servings.