Italian Coleslaw With Fennel And Capers
- 4 cups chopped red cabbage (from about 1/2 large head)
- 1 medium fennel bulb trimmed, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
Combine cabbage, fennel, parsley, and capers in large bowl; toss to blend. Mix in lemon juice, oil, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Toss before serving.)
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 87; total fat, 5 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 0.