Grilled Eggplant With Yogurt-Mint Sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 eggplants - (abt 1 lb ea) cut crosswise
- into 1"-thick rounds
- 1/4 cup oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds cracked
Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Rub eggplant rounds on both sides with sesame oil. Sprinkle with coriander, salt, and pepper. Grill until slightly charred, about 6 minutes per side.
Arrange eggplant rounds on platter. Serve with yogurt-mint sauce.
This recipe yields 6 servings.