Fricassee Of Lobster With Pasta
- 2 whole live lobsters - (1 1/2 lbs ea)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped shallots - (abt 9)
- 2 tablespoons Cognac or brandy
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
Cook lobsters in large pot of boiling salted water 4 minutes (lobsters will not be completely cooked through). Working over bowl to collect juices, twist off lobster heads to separate from tails. Cut heads in half lengthwise. Cut tails into thick medallions (do not remove shells). Crack claws but leave intact.
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add shallots and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add lobster with shells and juices and Cognac and ignite carefully. Cover skillet to extinguish flame. Add wine and simmer 3 minutes. Add cream and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Cover to keep warm.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Transfer to platter. Spoon lobster with sauce over pasta and serve.
This recipe yields 4 first-course servings.
You'll also love
- Grilled Whole Catfish 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Twice-Baked Potatoes (Pioneer... 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Benihana Shrimp Sauce 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- My Pasta Fagioli Soup 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Classic Baked Ziti 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos With a Zesty... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Linguine With Butter-Poached... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)