Tuna Tartare in Wonton Cones
- 1 1/2 pounds sushi-quality tuna, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (more if desired)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 24 Wonton Cones (instructions below)
- Sliced scallions and diced red bell pepper, for garnish
1. In a nonreactive bowl, mix tuna with remaining ingredients except wonton cones. Chill for up to 6 hours.
2. Place about one tablespoon of the tuna mixture in each wonton cone. Line a deep serving plate with a thick (about one-inch) layer of black sesame seeds. Arrange the cones, pointy-side-down, in the sesame seeds. Garnish with scallion curls and diced red bell peppers.
Wonton Cones Makes 2 dozen cones
12 wonton wrappers (2 x 2 inches each)
Oil, for deep frying
1. Cut wonton wrappers in half to form two triangles. Fold each half into a cone shape, brushing edge with water to form a seal.
2. Fry in 350° oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towel until cool.