Chicken Roasted On Leeks And Sage Sprigs
- 1 roasting chicken - (4 lbs)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage plus
- 2 large fresh sage sprigs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5 leeks, white and pale-green parts only trimmed, and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken, vinegar, oil, chopped sage, rosemary, and garlic in large bowl; turn chicken to coat.
Arrange leeks and sage sprigs in bottom of 13- by 9- by 2-inch metal baking pan. Set chicken with herb mixture atop leeks. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Pour broth over. Roast chicken until juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a small knife, about 40 minutes. Transfer leeks and chicken to platter and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.