Cheesy Potatoes with Bacon
These cool and creamy potatoes make the perfect side dish for spicy BBQ or any other of your favorite spicy dishes!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen potatoes, thawed
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 pound bacon, crisped and crumbled (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from jamesandeverett.com
Heat oven to 350°F, and lightly grease a 13″ x 9″ baking dish.
In large skillet over medium heat sauté onions until slightly caramelized.
In a very large bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, chicken soup, bacon and one cup or cheese. Mix well.
Stir in onions, butter and all. Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
Transfer potato mixture into prepared baking dish’
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven and carefully stir mixture. Top with the remaining cup of cheese and return to the oven for an additional 20 – 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Italian Peach Cookies 4.2/5 (173 Votes)
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice... 4/5 (170 Votes)
- St. Louis Pork Steaks 4.3/5 (105 Votes)
- Pumpkin Streusel Swirled Cream... 4.5/5 (79 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Brown... 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheddar Baked Potato 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- APPLE CIDER MOLASSES HONEY CURE... 4.6/5 (70 Votes)
- Baked avocado with egg and bacon:... 4.6/5 (67 Votes)