Mahi Mahi With Macadamia Nut Crust
- 1 mahi mahi fillet, 1"-thk - (10 oz) skinned, and halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup panko see * Note
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter - (1/2 stick) melted
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
* Note: Japanese-style breadcrumbs, found in the oriental section of most supermarkets.
Place mahi mahi in shallow dish. Pour lime juice over. Marinate 1 hour, turning fish over occasionally.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine panko and next 3 ingredients in small bowl. Mix in 2 tablespoons butter. Season generously with pepper.
Pour remaining 2 tablespoons butter into shallow baking dish. Remove mahi mahi from marinade and place in baking dish, turning to coat with butter. Spoon panko mixture atop fish, dividing evenly. Press topping gently to adhere.
Bake until fish is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Transfer to plates and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings. This recipe doubles or triples easily.