Lima Bean Risotto
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs (or 1 1/2 tspns dried rosemary, crumbled)
- 3 cans chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz ea)
- 1 1/2 cups water more or less
- 2 1/4 cups Arborio rice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 packages frozen baby lima beans - (10 oz ea) thawed
- 1 1/4 cups freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and rosemary and cook until onion is translucent, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring chicken broth and 1 1/2 cups water to simmer in medium saucepan. Reduce heat to very low and keep mixture hot.
Add rice to onion mixture and stir 2 minutes. Add wine and stir until all liquid is absorbed. Add lima beans and 3/4 cup broth mixture; reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently.
Continue adding enough of remaining broth mixture 1/2 cup at a time until rice is just tender but still firm to bite, stirring frequently and allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding next, about 20 minutes.
Remove risotto from heat. Mix in grated Parmesan. Season risotto to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.