A meal in itself, smothered chicken is an entrée with fresh cooked vegetables. Sautéed spinach and mushrooms top baked chicken finished with melted cheese.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt, like Lawry's
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 5 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 large bag of spinach leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 stick butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 to 10 slices Mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/8 inch slices
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Sprinkle garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken.
Bake 16 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
Over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet.
Add onion and saute 2 to 3 minutes.
Add spinach and 2 cloves garlic.
When the spinach is reduced and cooked through, stir in the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
Continue cooking and stirring until the cream cheese is melted.
Remove from heat. Set aside.
While chicken bakes, melt butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet. Add mushrooms and sauté until browned all over.
Deglaze pan with wine.
Add 2 cloves garlic and season with salt and. Cook until most of the wine is cooked out.
Flip chicken pieces over.
Divide the spinach and mushrooms over the top of each breast. Lay two slices of cheese over spinach and mushrooms.
Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until cheese is browned and chicken is done.
You'll also love
- Orange Dream Cake 4.4/5 (79 Votes)
- Beef Tips in Mushroom Sauce -... 4.4/5 (80 Votes)
- World's Best Corned Beef Cheese... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Spinach & Gruyere Cheese Quiche... 3.8/5 (156 Votes)
- Chicken, Whole - Instant Pot 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Creamy Mushroom, Onion & Garlic... 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Olive Garden Chicken Marsala 4.1/5 (112 Votes)