Frisee And Radish Salad With Goat Cheese Croutons
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot or green onion minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small curly endive head torn bite size
- 1 bunch radishes trimmed, and thinly sliced
- 12 slices French bread baguette, 1/2" thk
- Olive oil as needed
- 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet)
Combine vinegar, mustard and shallot in small bowl. Whisk in 1/3 cup oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Combine endive and radishes in large bowl. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover salad with damp towel and refrigerate. Cover dressing and let stand at room temperature.)
Preheat broiler. Broil 1 side of bread until golden brown. Brush second side with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread with goat cheese. Season with pepper Broil until bread is brown. Cut each slice into quarters.
Add dressing to salad and toss to coat. Divide among plates. Top with croutons and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.