Mushroom Melt Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 vegan English muffin, sliced in half
- 1 tsp berry jam (or any jam flavor)
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- 1/4 cup of vegan sausage, Gimme Lean by Lightlife used
- (smush into a patty shape
- 1 Tbsp vegan cheese
- 1 tsp oil for saute pan
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- a handful of spinach leaves
- salt + pepper to taste
1. Toast your English muffin, rub one side with the jam and one side with the vegan butter - and set aside.
2. Heat sauté pan over high heat burner. Add oil and toss in the mushrooms. Allow them to sauté until tender and edges have caramelized and turned brownish. Remove mushrooms and place over top the slice of English muffin and set aside.
3.Add in your patty. Cook about 1-2 minutes on each side.
4. Melting the cheese is quite simple. Add cheese over top the patty, still in the skillet. Keep the pan on high heat and add a few splashes of cold water or one small ice cube to the pan while quickly covering with a lid. The steam and heat will melt the cheese in a minute or so. Remove patty and place on top of the buttered slice or your muffin.
5. Add the spinach over top the hot, vegan cheesy patty