Bertucci's Brick Oven Copycat Recipe
- 1 pound pasta, cooked and drained (spaghetti is preferable)
- 1 pound shrimp (large, uncooked, rinsed and cleaned with tails removed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (4 oz.) jar capers, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) candiced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
In a large pot, begin boiling water to cook pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and add the shrimp. Sprinkle with a little garlic salt to season. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, just until shrimp is light pink. Remove from skillet to bowl and set aside. Cover to keep warm.
In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the garlic and onion and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until onion is translucent. Add the white wine, and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes (this will cook off the alcohol.)
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, and capers. Bring to a simmer, and stirring occasionally. Add the salt, cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir to incorporate the spices while simmering. Add the half and half, and cooked shrimp while continue to simmer. Once pasta is finished cooking, immediately add to the sauce. Stir to completely incorporate the sauce and pasta. To serve top with shaved Parmesan, Romano or Assiago cheese.