Incredibly Moist & Easy Carrot Cake
Makes 1 Incredibly Moist & Easy Carrot double layer cake or 24 Incredibly Moist & Easy Carrot cupcakes.
- 2 cups (260-grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups (295-ml) canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200-grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (200-grams) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups (300-grams) grated peeled carrots (5 to 6 medium carrots)
- 1 cup (100-grams) coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (65-grams) raisins
- 8 ounces (225-grams) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (140-grams) powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup (80-ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (50-grams) coarsely chopped pecans, for topping cake
Heat the oven to 350ºF. Grease two 9-inch by 2-inch cake pans and line the bottom with parchment paper then grease the top of the paper. Or, grease and flour the bottom and sides of both pans.
In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and the cinnamon until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, sugars and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until blended.
Switch to a large rubber spatula. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, stirring gently until they disappear and the batter is smooth. Stir in the carrots, nuts and raisins.
Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans. Bake until the tops of the cake layers are springy when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean; 35 to 45 minutes.
Cool cakes in pans for 15 minutes then turn out onto cooling racks, peel off parchment paper and cool completely.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a handheld mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the powdered sugar, a 1/4 cup at a time until fluffy. Pour in cream and beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Chill covered until ready to frost cake.
When the cake layers are completely cool, frost the top of one cake layer, place the other cake layer on top. Decoratively swirl the top of the cake with remaining frosting, leaving the sides unfrosted. Scatter nuts on top.
You'll also love
- Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins 4.1/5 (92 Votes)
- Skillet Green Bean Casserole 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato... 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Mom's Molasses Applesauce Cookies 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Hawaiian Chantilly Cake 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Sugar Free Low Carb Tres Leches... 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Super-Moist Chocolate Cake with... 0/5 (0 Votes)