Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix
- 1/2 C. Butter or (1 stick)
- 1 C. Brown Sugar
- 1 Can (1# 14 oz.) Pineapple Slices
- Maraschino Cherry Halves, If desired
1. Melt Butter in 13 x 9 1/2 x 2 inch pan. Sprinkle Brown Sugar evenly in Pan. Drain Pineapple; save syrup. Arrange Pineapple and Cherries, (cherries placed in center of pineapple rings, rounded sides down, in sugar mixture.)
2. Add enough water to Pineapple Juice to make 1 & 1/3 cups of liquid. Add this and 2 eggs to the cake mix. Then mix as directed. Pour batter over fruit.
3. Bake at 350 degrees, for about 50 minutes. until cake pulls away from the sides of the pan. Let stand for 5 minutes for topping to begin to set. Then turn upside down on a large platter or a cookie sheet (the cookie sheet can be covered with aluminum foil, for appearance.)
4. Top servings with whipped cream, if desired.