Cheesy Potato Slow-Cooker Soup
Potatoes and cheese? Yes, please! This 6-ingredient slow-cooker supper is unbelievably easy and amazingly delicious.
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth, such as Progresso (4 cups)
- 5 cups diced peeled russet potatoes (about 5 medium)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups shredded American cheese (8 ounces)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Reserve 1/4 cup broth in small bowl; cover and refrigerate. In cooker, mix onions, potatoes and remaining broth.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 hours.
Increase heat setting to High. In small bowl, beat cornstarch and reserved broth until smooth. Add to cooker; stir. Cover; heat to simmering, and cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or until thickened.
Stir in cheese until well melted. Sprinkle servings of soup with green onions.