Confetti Rice With Baked Tofu And Green Onion Omelet Strips
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water plus
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons thinly-sliced green onions plus
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces broccolini trimmed, and cut into 1" lengths (or 2 cups broccoli florets)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups chilled cooked medium-grain white rice (abt 1 cup uncooked rice)
- 1 package teriyaki-seasoned baked tofu - (8 oz) cut into 1/4"
- by 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl to blend. Whisk in 2 tablespoons onions, 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil. Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add egg mixture and tilt skillet to coat bottom. Cook until omelet is set, about 1 minute. Turn out omelet; cut into strips.
Add broccolini, carrots, and remaining 1/3 cup water to same skillet. Cook uncovered over medium-high heat until vegetables are just tender and water evaporates, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
Heat wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat 1 minute. Add remaining 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, ginger and garlic. Stir 20 seconds. Add broccolini, carrots, rice, and tofu. Toss to blend. Add vinegar, remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Toss until mixture is heated through, about 3 minutes. Add omelet strips and remaining 1/2 cup green onions; toss 1 minute.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 388; total fat, 13 g; saturated fat, 2 g; cholesterol, 53 mg.