Recipe source: Food and Wine | April 2015
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 pound shelled and deveined shrimp, chopped
- 3/4 cup panko
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Adapted from foodandwine.com
1. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the hot sauce.
2. In a large bowl, mix the chopped shrimp with the panko, eggs, scallions, lemon zest, smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
3. Form the mixture into eight 3/4-inch-thick cakes.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. In batches, add the shrimp cakes and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes total. Transfer to plates and serve with the spicy mayonnaise and lemon wedges.