Make-Ahead Dilled Onion Cheese Balls
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded Gouda cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion (1)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/2 cup Topper
- Assorted crackers and/or flatbread
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
In a large mixing bowl place cream cheese, Gouda cheese, and butter; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add milk and Worcestershire sauce. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in green onion and dill.
Shape mixture into ten (about 2-inch) balls. Place in a single layer in a freezer container; seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Roll each cheese ball in a Topper; let stand for 15 minutes. Serve with crackers and/or flatbread.
Toppers: poppy seeds, paprika, finely snipped chives or raisins mixed with toasted chopped pecans, crushed cheese goldfish, finely shredded cheddar, finely crumbled crisp bacon.