Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
Photo by Brooke T.
- 4 (12.5 ounce) can of chicken, drained (I get mine from Costco)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt (I like the FAGE brand from Costco)
- 1/2 cup cream or whole milk
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried Cranberries
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Drain the chicken and cook in skillet until all the pink is gone (you may have to do this in batches depending on how big your skillet is). Place cooked chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until cool, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
In a small bowl, mix Miracle Whip, Greek yogurt, cream or milk, and poppy seeds until combined. Pour the mixture over the chicken and season to taste with salt and pepper again. Add in the chopped celery and mix until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
In a small pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the nuts and stir them often until they are toasted, about 4 minutes (they should be a little more than lightly browned and you’ll begin to smell them).
Add the toasted nuts and dried Cranberries just before serving, and mix until combined. Serve with split croissants.
Makes about 8 to 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Creole Gumbo with Cornbread Muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Low Carb Parmesan Crusted Pork... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fresh Tagliatelle With Lemon,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Simply Orange Chocolate Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Summer Berry Cheesecake Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Raspberry Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange-Cranberry Glazed Pork... 4/5 (1 Votes)