Bloodshot Eyeballs Halloween Treats
Peanut butter balls get a creepy makeover for Halloween!
Peanut butter balls (or other candy or cookie balls) are dipped in melted white chocolate then decorated with brown M&Ms and red squiggles of tinted frosting. Use your own recipes if you like. Recipe below is what I used.
- CRISPY PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
- 1 (16-OUNCE) jar creamy peanut butter, about 1 1/2 cups, I used Reduce Fat Creamy Jif
- 1 stick salted butter, 1/2 cup
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal, slightly crushed
- White chocolate chips, white almond bark, or white candy melting wafers (I used the melting wafers)
- Brown M&M's candies
- Red tinted icing (I used confectioners sugar, dash salt, and enough water for somewhat thick consistency, then tinted it with liquid red food color to desired shade)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 60mins
Combine the confectioners sugar and cereal in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until melted. (Reheat briefly if needed.) Pour mixture over the cereal mixture and stir until combined well. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Shape the mixture into balls (mine were about 3/4") and place on the parchment lined pan. (If the mixture gets too soft to handle, refrigerate for another 10 minutes.) Refrigerate the balls for 30-45 minutes or put in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. (For time's sake, I covered them and refrigerated overnight.)
When ready to dip the balls, melt the white chocolate as directed on package. Dip the balls in the white chocolate and place on parchment paper, foil, or waxed paper. (I used a fork to lift them out of the chocolate, letting the excess drip back into the bowl, then pushed it off the fork with a knife edge.) Place a M&M in the center of each ball as they are dipped. Set aside to harden at room temperature.
Place red tinted icing in a ziptop plastic bag then make a tiny cut off one corner and pipe 3 vertical squiggles onto the sides of each ball. Allow time to completely set before trimming off any excess white chocolate from the base of the balls with a small paring knife.
Store in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Heirloom Tomato Cornbread Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs 3.7/5 (28 Votes)
- Mummboli For Halloween 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Witches' Brooms 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Monster Rice Cereal Treats from A... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe