Pear Custard Pie
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 5 Tbsp flour, divided (3 & 2)
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, or Splenda brown sugar
- 2 pears, cubed or sliced thinly
- 1 can (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup white sugar or Splenda granular
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
1. In a small bowl combine brown sugar and 3 Tbsps. of flour. Sprinkle evenly over the bottom of the unbaked pie shell. Arrange pears in shell (sliced arrange radiating out). I cube and slice and just drop in most the time. Be sure not to overfill so there is room for custard.
2. In medium bowl whisk together evaporated milk, egg, and vanilla. Then pour over pears.
To prevent overspilling do not overfill pie. If you want it full be sure to line bottom of over with foil or use a deer dish.
3. In a small bowl combine remaining flour, sugar and spices. Sprinkle over the top of the pie.
4. Bake for 45 minutes at 425 degrees F. or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.