Creamy Corn Pasta with Bacon & Scallions
By Side Passion
This simple and delicious Creamy Corn Pasta with Bacon & Scallions makes a great side or light lunch. Enjoy!
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 ears corn
- 12 ounces orecchiette
- 1 ounce pecorino cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup basil, torn
- Hot sauce, as desired
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cook 4 slices bacon in large skillet until crisp; transfer to paper towel lined plate. Break into pieces when cool.
Meanwhile, being large pot of salted water to boil. Add corn and cook 2 minutes. Transfer to cutting board. In same pot, cook orecchiette per package instructions. Reserve 1 cup coming water; drain pasta.
When corn is cool enough to handle but pasta is still cooking, cut off kernels (you should have about 3 cups). Transfer 2 cups to blender along with pecorino cheese, 3/4 cup pasta cooking water and 1/4 teaspoon salt; puree until very smooth.
Toss pasta with corn puree , adding some reserved pasta water if pasta seems dry. Fold in reserved corn, scallions, basil and bacon. Serve with additional cheese and basil, and hot sauce, if desired.
You'll also love
- Sides - Armadillo Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mains - Rice Crusted Quiche 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Watermelon Ancho Chile Salsa 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon Ceviche with Tomatoes and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheesy Lemon Angel Hair 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
Review this recipe