Bacon for a Crowd
Recipe source: Bon Appetit | July 2016
- 2 lb. thick-cut bacon slices
- Chile-Rubbed Bacon (for one lb. bacon)
- 1/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 4 tsp. chipole chile powder
- 4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Maple-Mustard Bacon (for one lb. bacon)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange bacon slices on 2 wire racks each set inside a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.Bake, rotating baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through, until brown and crisp, 30-50 minutes (depending on thickness of the bacon). Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Generously sprinkle bacon with rub about 5 minutes before it is done and cook until rub is melted and bubbling.
Generously brush bacon with glaze about 5 minutes before it is done and cook until glaze is bubbling and looks thick and caramelized.