Spicy Sausage And Gorgonzola Pizza
- 3 Italian hot sausages - (abt 12 oz) casings removed
- 1 purchased fully-baked thin pizza crust (10 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups purchased refrigerated marinara sauce
- 1 1/4 cups grated mozzarella cheese - (abt 5 oz)
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese - (abt 4 oz)
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives halved (or other brine-cured black olives)
- 4 thin rounds green bell pepper halved
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 425 degrees. Sauté sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat until just cooked through, breaking into 1/2-inch pieces with back of spoon, about 10 minutes. Drain off fat; set sausage aside.
Place pizza crust on rimless baking sheet. Leaving 3/4-inch plain border, spread 1 cup sauce over crust. Top with 3/4 cup mozzarella, 3/4 of basil, sausage, 1/2 cup Gorgonzola, olives, 1/2 cup mozzarella, bell pepper and 1/2 cup Gorgonzola. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup sauce over.
Bake pizza until crust is crisp and topping is heated through, about 13 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
This recipe yields 6 servings.