Henke's Hunter's Venison
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds venison, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14.25 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
1. Melt half of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the venison cubes until browned, then remove and set aside. Melt the remaining butter, then cook the mushrooms until they release their liquid. Stir in the white wine, and simmer for 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the beef broth, green onions, and reserved venison. Season with parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until venison is tender, about 2 hours.