Bacon-Studded Venison Burgers
The key to cooking with venison is adding a bit of fat. These Bacon-Studded Venison Burgers hit the spot!
- 1 lb ground venison
- 4 slices sugar free pastured bacon, diced
- 4 organic green onions, diced
- 1 TB fresh organic rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh organic thyme, chopped
- Himalayan sea salt or Real salt, to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 8mins
Heat a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat with your fat of choice.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl gently mix together venison, bacon, green onions, and herbs. Divide the mixture into four equal portions and form into patties, careful to not overwork the meat.
Grill burgers for 4 minutes and flip once. Continue cooking another 3-4 minutes and take off the heat. Venison tends to cook quicker than beef.
Serve with sides and accompaniments of your choosing.