LOW FAT CRAB CAKES
Baked; not fried.
- 1/2 ripe med California avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tbs low-fat mayo
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar (or substitute)
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile, including seeds, quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- Crab Cakes:
- 1 lb jumbo lump crabmeat, coarsely shredded
- 3 tbs low-fat mayo
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence
- 1/4 tsp salt
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400. Line baking sheet w/foil.
Pulse avocado w/mayo, lime juice, salt, sugar and 1/4 chile in food processor until chile is finely chopped. Add milk and puree until smooth. Add more chile if desired, processing until smooth. Transfer to bowl and chill.
Stir together crabmeat, mayo, chives, lemon juice, mustard, pepper and 1 tbs panko in large bowl until blended well, tehn chill, covered.
Melt butter in medium nonstick skillet over moderate heat, then cook garlic, stirring unti golden and fragrant, 2 min. Add herbes de Provence, salt and remaining panko and cook, stirring, about 6 min. Transfer crumbs to plate to cool. Discard garlic.
Divide crabmeat mixture into 4 mounds on sheet of wax paper. Form 1 mound into a patty, then carefully turn patty in crumb mixture to coat top and bottom. Transfer to baking sheet and repeat w/remaining crab. Sprinkle w/remaining crumbs on top of cakes. Bake until heated through, about 15 min.
You'll also love
- Beef Tips in Sweet and Savory Sauce 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Sour Cream Rhubarb Coffee Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Quiche with Crispy... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Halibut Au Gratin 5/5 (1 Votes)
- yang chow slippery shrimp 5/5 (1 Votes)
- MORRISON'S LOBSTER STEW 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Dungeness Crab Potstickers 4.1/5 (24 Votes)