Champagne Risotto With Scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup arborio rice (or medium-grain white rice)
- 1 cup dry Champagne
- 1 can low-salt chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz) or more if needed
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; sauté 1 minute. Add rice; sauté 2 minutes. Add Champagne; simmer until almost all liquid evaporates, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Add 1 can broth; simmer until rice is almost tender, stirring often, about 15 minutes.
Add scallops; simmer until scallops are cooked through and rice is tender but still firm to bite and mixture is creamy, adding more broth if too thick and stirring often, about 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 2 servings.