Roast Pork Tenderloin with Fresh and Dried Fruit
- 2 1-lb port tenderloins
- 2 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 large shallots, chopped
- 3/4 cup diced dried apples
- 1/4 lb kumquats, quartered, seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries or frozen, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups low salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
1 – Preheat oven to 375. Sprinkle port with 2 tsp rosemary, salt, pepper. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium high heat. Add port (cut to fit, if necessary) and saute until brown, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
2 – Using tongs, transfer pork to plate. Add shallots to skillet and saute until brown, about 4 minutes. Add apples, kumquats, cranberries an stir until fruit mixture is heated through about 1 minute.
3 – Add broth, wine and remaining ½ tsp rosemary. Boil 1 minute. Return pork and any juices to skillet, turning to coat with sauce.
4- Place skillet in oven and roast pork 25 minutes. Transfer pork to platter, let stand 10 minutes. Slice port crosswise and spoon sauce over.