Gooey Sugar Cookie Bars
These bars are packed with plenty of butter, made easy with sugar cookie mix, and finished with whipped cream and juicy strawberries.
- 1 (1.5-ounce) pouch Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups strawberries, coarsely chopped, about 1 pound
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 190mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl, stir cookie mix and 1/2 cup softened butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Spread mixture evenly in pan; press lightly.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until blended; scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat on high speed until smooth. Beat in 1/3 cup melted butter until blended. Pour over cookie mixture; spread evenly.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
Just before serving, in medium bowl, mix strawberries, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and the lemon juice. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. To serve, cut bars into 5 rows by 3 rows. Top each with strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate any remaining bars.
You'll also love
- Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Deep Fried Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Blueberry Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Coconut Macaroon Cookies 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Wonderful Sugar Plum Cookies 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Scotcheroos 4.3/5 (27 Votes)