Wonderful Sugar Plum Cookies
Let these sugar plum cookies dance in your mouth. They are very moist and delicious, they're not like your usual Christmas cookie!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 5 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned plums, finely chopped. drained
- Green and red colored sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 27mins
Cream butter and sugar. Add confectioner's sugar and vegetable oil; mix well. Add vanilla extract and egg; mix well.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt. Add to first mixture; blend well. Fold in plums.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
Grease fingertips, roll dough into walnut size balls. Dip into colored sugar and place on cookie sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Press down slightly with bottom of sugared glass.
Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes. Then cool completely on a wire rack.
You'll also love
- Peppermint Frosted Sugar Cookies 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Katie Lee's Cornbread Stuffing 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Corn Chowder 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Gingerbread Muffins 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Dad's Sweet Potato Pie 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Coconut-Almond Cream Cake 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Figgy Toffee Pudding 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- White Chocolate Apricot Oatmeal... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)