Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes
Everyone will love the combination of chocolate with the tangy sweetness of the cheesecake filling, it’s a great balance!
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (100-grams) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (66-grams) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 6 ounces (170-grams) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50-grams) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two standard muffin tins with 16 paper liners.
Place 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir until smooth. If not completely melted, return to the microwave for 10 second bursts until smooth. Let cool.
In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl vigorously whisk the sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla until well combined. Beat in the melted chocolate chips. Gradually add the flour mixture alternatively with the water. The batter will be thin.
In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and salt until creamy. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
Fill each muffin cup half full. Spoon a tablespoon of the cream cheese filling over the batter. Spoon the remaining batter over the cream cheese filling. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. While still hot, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips onto the cupcakes. Let cool for 5 minutes, or until the chocolate chips are shiny, then spread to frost. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
You'll also love
- Spinach Quiche 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Mexican Chicken & Rice 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Maple-Pumpkin Pie Bars 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Too Easy Cherry Cobbler 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Caramel Corn Cupcakes 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Coconut Flour Chocolate Cake 3.9/5 (28 Votes)