Mom's Easy Roast Beef
This roast beef recipe is super easy and delicious.
- 1 beef roast (size depends on how many you want to serve), preferably top sirloin
- 1 can beef consomme
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
2. Pat roast dry and place in roasting pan.
3. Pour can of beef consomme into the pan.
4. Cook roast at 500 degrees for 1/2 an hour. Reduce heat to 275 degrees and slow cook for 2-3 hours until your roast is tender. Larger roasts will need more time. Check on the roast every half hour to ensure there is enough liquid in the pan. If needed, add water.
5. Once roast is cooked, slice it and store in the jus of the pan.