Sweet Potato Fries
This sweet potato fries recipe is a great substitute for conventional fries. They're loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C and fiber!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled (1 potato is enough for 3)
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 450˚F.
Halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut each half into 3 long spears. Cut in half crosswise then cut into strips for fries.
Place them on a sheet pan and toss with the olive oil.
Combine the brown sugar, salt, & pepper in a large bowl.
Add potatoes & toss to coat potatoes well with the mixture.
Spread the potatoes in one layer on a sheet pan.
Bake for 15 minutes and then turn with a spatula.
Bake for another 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
Sprinkle lightly with salt and serve hot.