Carolina Blue Crab Cakes
- Yield: 6 crab cakes
- 1 pound lump blue crabmeat
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper, red or green
- 1/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Texas Pete hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except for crabmeat and vegetable oil.
2. Gently fold in crabmeat and combine.
3. Form into patties, using about ½ cup of mixture for each patty.
4. Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium or medium-high heat
5. Gently place crab cakes in skillet. Fry approximately 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
6. Place on plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil. Serve immediately.