Whiskey Hill Crab Chowder
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- (or 1 tspn dried thyme)
- Kernels from 3 ears of white corn
- 1 pound lump crabmeat picked through
- for cartilage
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Freshly-chopped parsley or chervil to taste
In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter until transparent. Add tomatoes, cover pan and simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
Add chicken broth and thyme and bring to a boil. Stir in corn, crabmeat and Tabasco, cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer uncovered for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley or chervil and serve immediately.
This recipe yields ?? servings.