Acadian-Style Crab Salad On Croissants
- 2 tubs fresh lump crab - (6 oz ea) (1 lb 300 count shrimp may be substituted)
- 2 celery ribs from the heart finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped white onion (or grated with a hand grater)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 Bibb or leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 large croissants split lengthwise
Run your fingers through the crab meat to remove any bits of shell.
In a bowl, combine the celery, onion, mayo, chili, hot sauce and Worcestershire. Add the crab meat to the bowl and mix with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
Pile salad on lettuce leaves in croissants. Cut each croissant in thirds on angles, following the shape of the pastry. Arrange sandwiches on a plate and serve.
This recipe yields 12 pieces, 6 servings.