Baked potato soup
- Baked Potato Cheddar Soup
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 3 cups milk
- ⦁ 2 large potatoes, baked, peeled and coarsely mashed (1-1/2 pounds)
- ⦁ 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ⦁ 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ⦁ 1/2 cup Daisy Brand® Sour Cream 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- ⦁ Crumbled cooked bacon, optional
In a large saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a
⦁ boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the
⦁ potatoes, 1/3 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for
⦁ 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
⦁ Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup onions until
⦁ blended. Cover; cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until
⦁ heated through (do not boil). Garnish with remaining cheese, onions
⦁ and, if desired, bacon. Yield: 4 servings.