Orange Vanilla Ice Cream Pots
A fancier version of the ice cream treats you may have bought as a kid from the corner store.
- 2 cups (500 mL) vanilla ice cream
- 1 to 1 1/3 cups (250 to 325 mL) orange, mango or raspberry sorbet
- Caramel or butterscotch sauce to taste
- 1 ½ to 2 cups (375 to 500 mL) fresh berries, your favourite type
1. Line 4 custard cups or ramekins each with a large piece of plastic wrap, making sure it hangs over edges. Evenly scoop vanilla ice cream into centre of each cup. Using the back of a spoon, press up sides and on base leaving a hollow in centre for sorbet. It does not need to be perfect. Cover with wrap and refreeze for 1 hour.
2. Five minutes before removing vanilla ice cream cups, remove sorbet from freezer. Then divide sorbet into centre of vanilla ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap and press down so sorbet fills hole. Cover and refreeze for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
3. Just before serving, drizzle 4 dessert plates with caramel sauce. Unmold ice cream onto centre of each plate. Discard plastic. Top with berries, letting them cascade onto plate.