Rainier Cherry Crumble
- Cooking spray
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- 3 lbs very sweet cherries, such as Rainier, pitted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 TBS finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 7 TBS chilled butter, cut into small pieces
Adapted from cookinglight.com
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Place a 9-inch cast iron skillet in preheated oven; heat five minutes. Remove pan from oven and lightly coat with cooking spray.
3. Combine cornstarch, juice, dash of salt, and cherries in a large bowl, tossing well to coat. Pour cherry mixture into prepared pan.
4. Combine flour and next four ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle flour mixture over cherries.
5. Place skillet on a jelly roll pan. Bake at 400F for thirty-five minutes or until filling is thick and bubbly and topping is browned. Remove from oven. Let stand for twenty minutes. Serve warm.
Makes 8 servings. Each serving = 4 Weight Watchers points.