Couscous Stuffed Bell Peppers
These easy and simple bell peppers are perfect for dinner. While they’re baking, you have plenty of time to make a simple side salad. Leftovers are perfect for lunch the next day.
- 1/2 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 6 whole bell peppers, any color
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 scallions, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from laaloosh.com
Bring the water to a boil and add the couscous to the water. Cover and remove from the heat. Let the couscous sit for 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Meanwhile, slice the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds. Set aside.
In a bowl, combine the couscous, diced bell peppers, celery and scallions.
In a separate bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Whisk together.
Pour the dressing over the couscous mixture and toss to combine.
Evenly divide the couscous mixture into the bell peppers.
Place the peppers in a baking dish and add a 1/2 inch of water to the pan.
Bake the bell peppers for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
You'll also love
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde - Eating... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Orecchiette with Brussels Sprouts... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Turmeric And Coconut Milk Bedtime... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Salad with... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Espresso Martini 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Cream of Pumpkin Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Ricotta and Egg Gnocchi With... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)