One Pot Lemon Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken thighs*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (may sub olive oil or combo)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- Dash - 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups chicken stock**
- 1 15.25 oz. can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- 12 oz. fresh cheese tortellini – UNCOOKED***
- 4 cups fresh spinach, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice plus more to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional garnish)
- lemon zest (optional)
Adapted from carlsbadcravings.com
1.Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large Dutch oven/soup pot oven over medium high heat.
2.Add chicken and sear on each side, about 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken.
3.Add 2 tablespoons butter/oil to the now empty pot and heat over medium high heat. Add onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally for 6 minutes. Add carrots and cook until tender – about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and cook 30 seconds.
4.Add remaining spices, corn, chicken stock and chicken back to the pan.
5.Bring to a boil; cover and reduce to a gentle simmer. Simmer 10 minutes, remove chicken and let rest 2 minutes then shred.
6.Meanwhile, bring soup back to a boil. Add tortellini and boil 1-2 minutes or until tender.
7.Remove from heat and stir in spinach, lemon juice and chicken.
8.Taste and add additional lemon, salt, pepper to taste. Remove bay leaves.
9.Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and lemon zest (optional)
You'll also love
- Kale White Bean and Sausage Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Tuna Tartar with Spicy Mayonnaise 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Cheese & Onion Sandwiches with HP... 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Banana and Nut Biscotti 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Chocolate Cherry Ripe Cheesecake 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Potato Gnocchi with Brown... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Quick Bowtie Pasta with Tomato and... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- tiramisu cream cheese citrus and... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)