Brussel Sprouts-Crispy Asian Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- pinch of black pepper
- Kosher salt
Adapted from 4sonrus.com
1.Cut off the base of each sprout before slicing them in half lengthwise and then remove any excess or loose leaves from the outside.
2. Allow the prepared sprouts to soak in a bowl of water, for about a minute, to get them clean.
3. Drain the cleaned sprouts and pat them dry with paper towels, removing any excess moisture.
4. Cover a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and spread the sprouts out on the pan so that there’s just a single layer without them overlapping each other.
5. Liberally pour the oil over the sprouts, sprinkle with the salt, and then stir everything together with your hands making sure everything is well and evenly coated.
6. Bake in the oven, on the top rack, at 400 degrees for about 45-50 minutes. After 20 and 40 minutes, stir the sprouts to ensure that both sides of them all get nice and extra crispy.
7. During the last 5-10 minutes of cooking, in a small sauce pan, reduce remaining ingredients over medium-high heat, for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
8. Remove from the oven and place in a heat-resistant bowl. Slowly add in the sauce and toss them, a little at a time, to ensure they stay nice and crispy.