Whole-Wheat Macaroni and Cheese
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 48 min
8 points plus
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 12 oz uncooked whole-wheat pasta, elbow macaroni
- 4 oz low fat American cheese single(s), torn into small pieces
- 4 oz shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup(s) fat-free sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 4-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl. While macaroni is still hot, stir in American and cheddar cheeses; stir until cheese melts. Add milk, sour cream, mustard and nutmeg; mix well to combine.
Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and top with grated topping. Bake until top is golden, about 30 to 35 minutes. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.