Spinach & Fresh Mozzarella Pizza
- 1 Pound Plain Pizza Dough
- 1 8-Ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 8 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 Ounces Spinach
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1. Prepare the ingredients:
Preheat the oven to 475°F. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Using a peeler, remove the yellow rind of the lemon, avoiding the white pith; mince the rind to get 2 teaspoons of zest (or use a zester). Quarter and deseed the lemon. Peel and mince the garlic. Peel, halve and thinly slice the onion. Tear the mozzarella cheese into small pieces.
2. Make the chile honey:
In a small bowl, combine the honey and as much of the crushed red pepper flakes as you’d like, depending on how spicy you’d like the dish to be. Set aside in a warm place.
3. Cook & drain the spinach:
In a large pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the spinach; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, or until wilted. Transfer to a strainer; hold or rest the strainer over a bowl. Using a spoon, press down on the cooked spinach to release as much liquid as possible; discard the liquid. Wipe out the pan.
4. Make the sauce
In the pan used to cook the spinach, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the garlic and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until softened and fragrant. Add the tomato sauce; stir until thoroughly combined. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Prepare the dough & assemble the pizza
Lightly oil a sheet pan. Place the dough in the center of the oiled sheet pan; using your hands, stretch to a ¼-inch thickness. Gently rub the dough into the sheet pan to oil the bottom. Spread the sauce onto the prepared dough. Evenly top with the mozzarella cheese, drained spinach and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper.
6. Bake the pizza & serve your dish
Place the pizza in the oven and bake, turning halfway through, 16 to 18 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned and the crust is crispy. Remove from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes before serving. Just before serving, drizzle the baked pizza with as much of the chile honey as you’d like and top with the juice of as many lemon wedges as you’d like (you may have extra). Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip aka... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (127 Votes)