388 calories, 15 g fat (6 g sat.), 15 g. protein
- 16 ounces dried plain and/or spinach-flavor angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-1/3 cups chopped roma tomatoes (10 medium)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 8 oz. tiny fresh mozzarella balls (pearls) or 1" fresh mozzarella balls, quartered
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Adapted from fast&fresh.com
1. In a Dutch oven cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return to Dutch oven; keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, salt and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until tomatoes soften.
3. Add tomato mixture to pasta, tossing to coat. Add cheese balls and basil; toss to coat. Place half of the mixture in an airtight container. Cover; chill up to 24 hours. Serve remaining mixture topped with Parmesan cheese if desired.