Mustang's Utah Red Trout
This recipe is from a restaurant in Park City called Mustang Restaurant (at least new to me) and was created by Bill Hufferd. It is served with a simple lemon butter sauce with capers and rosemary. Chef Hufferd says, “Because of the trout’s tender, flaky texture, pan sear the filets to keep them intact.”
- Four 8 to 10 ounce Utah red trout filets (and you can substitute whole trout you find in the supermarket.)
- Olive oil to saute the trout Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Juice of two lemons
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons fine diced fresh Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
1. Start by heating a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Season the trout with salt and pepper and when the oil is hot, add the filets skin side down and cook for four minutes.
2. Flip the filets over and cook for another three to four minutes and then remove them from the pan to a plate and keep warm. Add two tablespoons of butter to the pan and saute the shallots.
3. Add the lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce the sauce until it is thick enough to coat a spoon.Reduce the heat to low and add the rest of the butter gradually in small pieces, whisking after each addition. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Plate the trout and spoon the sauce over the trout and garnish the plate with capers, diced tomatoes, chives and toasted pine nuts. Serve with potatoes or rice and your favorite vegetable.
Bill Hufferd’s Mustang Restaurant is at 890 Main Street, Park City, Utah.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (467 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)