Iced Lemon Cookies
- For the cookies:
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 egg
- For the icing:
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons milk
1. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Mix the butter, sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice until light and fluffy. Add egg.
3. Slowly add dry ingredients until well combined.
4. Using a 1 1/2 inch ice cream scooper, scoop the dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm.
5. Take out and cook 12 at a time at 350 degrees for 11-15 minutes or just until set. Do not overbake. Let cool on wire racks.
6. In a small bowl mix the confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice and milk until creamy. Top cookies with the icing.